Chapel of the Holy Cross

Pilgrimage (yet, still no vortex).

Designed by Marguerite Brunswig Staude, inspired by the Empire State Building in New York upon which Marguerite perceived a cross, had it not been for the Second World War, the Chapel would have been built in Budapest, Hungary overlooking the Danube, co-designed with Lloyd Wright, son of Frank Lloyd Wright.

As fate (or was it the hand of god) would have it, the Chapel of the Holy Cross came to be in Sedona, where Staude, together with Richard Hein and August K. Strotz of the Anshen & Allen architecture company, ”decided upon a twin-pinnacled spur 80m-high jutting out of a 300m rock wall which Staude described as being as solid as the rock of Peter”. [source]

It was completed in 1956 and received an Award of Honor by the American Institute of Architects, in 1957.

On the other hand, the huge mansion simply known as ”The House”, obstructing the view across from the Chapel, was commissioned by Dr. Ioan Cosmescu, an inventor and biomedical engineer who obviously did very well financially, was completed in 2008 and received the ”Eyesore Award” by the local community, every year since.

Sedona, AZ

May 2nd, 2019

The Painted Desert

Landscape on a 120 miles (190 km) long by 60 miles (97 km) wide canvas.

The Painted Desert stretches from the Grand Canyon National Park eastward to the Petrified Forest National Park (where these images were taken), with a large portion lying within the Navajo Nation.

Petrified Forest National Park, 1 Park Rd, AZ 86028

April 30th, 2019